Quick and Easy Christmas Party Food Recipes
Try these festive bites at your next Christmas party, they might be small but they’re packed full of flavour! They’re really easy to make and are real crowd pleasers. You can whip them up before the party so you can enjoy socialising and not spend the night in the kitchen!
These cheesy star bites add sparkle to any party. Simple but effective, these are the perfect party food for kids and adults, they’re vegetarian friendly too!
- 320g puff pastry sheet
- 1 cup of grated cheese (cheddar, red leicester, parmesan)
- Flour for dusting
- 2 tbsp milk
- Unroll the pastry and sprinkle most of the cheese over one half of the sheet. Fold the pastry in half to cover the cheese and seal it in.
- Dust your rolling pin and work surface with a little flour and put your pastry sheet on it. Roll it out until doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Using cookie cutters, cut the pastry into shapes and put them on the prepared baking sheets.
- Brush the shapes with milk and add a pinch of cheese
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until risen and golden
These are delicious served with a red onion or tomato chutney, perfect for adding a little extra sparkle to your stars.
Triple Pigs in Blankets
Not one, not two but three sausages make these pigs in blankets best in show. They’re a crispy and juicy treat that’ll have your guests fighting for the last one!
- 24 miniature chipolatas
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Pile the sausages in groups of three and wrap a piece of bacon around each trio.
3. Arrange on a baking tray and brush or drizzle with the oil.
4. Roast in the oven for 30-35 mins until the chipolatas are golden and the bacon is crisp.
They go down a treat served with some cranberry sauce, perfect for dipping.
Festive mini sausage rolls: delicious meat, flaky pastry with a Christmas twist. Impress your guests with these mini sausage rolls; ideal for serving as a side dish at any Yuletide gathering.
We’ve made these sausage rolls extra festive with some mustard, brandy, cranberries and cinnamon - and therefore made them extra irresistible! Read on to get the simple, scrumptious, step-by-step recipe.
- 425g Heritage sausages
- Small garlic clove
- A little salt
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 20g Heritage cranberries
- 400g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 Heritage egg, beaten, to glaze
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Black and yellow mustard seeds (optional)
- Heat your oven to 200°C.
- Crush the garlic clove. Mix this together with the brandy, salt, chopped parsley, ground cinnamon and around 35ml of water.
- Peel away the skin on the Heritage sausages and place into a food processor with the cranberries, mustard and water mixture you just made. Turn the processor to high-speed, and then season with some pepper.
- Unroll your pre-made pastry on a board, and cut in half.
- Divide the sausage mix into two and spread it along the pastry, leaving 1cm at each edge.
- Tightly roll the pastry around the sausage mix; brush the ends with a beaten egg.
- Cut each into appropriately-sized mini rolls. Brush more beaten egg on the pastry.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes. The meat should be cooked through and pastry should be puffed.
Enjoy hot or cold!
Why not sprinkle on some black and yellow mustards seeds after glazing, but before baking? They’ll give your mini sausage rolls an extra festive twist!
On the hunt for more festive dishes? Our Christmas recipes will no doubt provide plenty of inspiration...