Deliciously Flakey Baked Cod with Tomatoes and Basil
This quick and healthy dish is packed full of flavour and omega 3. Served with brown rice, it’s a real weeknight winner, or try serving it with potato wedges for a healthier take on fish and chips! Leftovers make a delicious lunch for the next day!
- 4 cod fillets
- 2 x 400g Heritage chopped tomatoes
- 100g Heritage mixed olives
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp of capers
- 2 tbsp Heritage sugar
- 350g Heritage brown rice
- 700ml water
- 5 torn basil leaves (optional)
- Bring the rice to the boil using the 700ml of water.
- Pour 700ml of boiling water into a deep saucepan. Pour in rice, and bring to the boil (this should take about 5 minutes).
- Reduce to a low heat and cover. Cook for approximately 20-30 minutes until cooked through, stirring occasionally to ensure water absorption.
- Squeeze pips out of the olives.
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, capers and sugar in an ovenproof pan and cook on a low heat for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Place the cod fillets into the pan, covering them with the tomato sauce.
- Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer for around 10 minutes, at which point the cod should be cooked through. If not, add on a couple of minutes.
- The cod can then be immediately plated up alongside the brown rice, with the optional basil leaves.