How To Make The Perfect Chicken Curry Pie
Spice up your life with this quick and easy recipe for Chicken Curry Pie, it’s great paired with chips and peas or new potatoes.
- 1 pack Heritage chicken breasts, diced
- 2 red onions, diced
- 35g Heritage butter
- 45g Heritage plain flour
- 45ml semi-skimmed milk
- 300g Heritage broccoli, cut finely
- 3 Heritage carrots, diced
- 2 tbsp curry powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp cumin (optional)
- 1 pack filo pastry (or other type, if you can't obtain this)
- A little Heritage oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat butter in frying pan over the hob and add onions. Fry until soft.
- Add curry powder, cumin and diced chicken, and fry for a further ten minutes, until golden-brown and nearly fully-cooked.
- Combine with flour and milk and stir continuously.
- Once the sauce is piping hot, add remaining ingredients (apart from pastry) and put on a low heat.
- While the mixture is still cooking, roll out your ready-made filo pastry and brush with a little Heritage oil. Pour the meat mixture into a pie dish, and cover with the pastry. Press along the edges of the dish to seal.
- Cook in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the pastry is a deep golden brown. Cut through the chicken to make sure it’s white through before eating. Enjoy!
Looking for more pie inspiration? Take a look at our collection of pie recipes, there’s one for every day of the week!