- 2 tbsp salted black beans (chopped)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 1 tbsp peeled and chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 2 green, yellow and red peppers, seeded and cut into 2cm squares
- 150ml water
- 2 tbsp Heritage caster sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli bean sauce
- Place a wok on high heat, then add oil. Once hot, add the black beans, garlic and ginger. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add all the peppers, stir frying for a further minute.
- Add the rice wine, chilli bean sauce, sugar, water and soy sauce. Cook this over a high heat for 5 minutes until the peppers are soft.
- Add the sesame oil and stir in, before leaving to cool on a plate. Serve to your guests at room temperature.
- Back To Recipes -