Delicious Chocolate Orange Cake Recipe
Chocolate and orange are a classic flavour combination. This quick and easy recipe creates a crowd pleasing showstopper that will go down a treat.
- 100g Heritage butter
- 3 large Heritage eggs
- 175g Heritage self-raising flour
- 300g Heritage sugar
- 2 oranges, grated
- 4 tbsp milk
- 70g dark cocoa powder
- 1 tub thick chocolate icing
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and blend thoroughly.
- Divide into two floured baking tins and bake for 25 - 30 minutes (or an hour if you’d prefer to use one tin). Remove from the oven if the cake ‘springs’ back up when you prod it.
- Allow the cakes to cool for 10 - 15 minutes.
- When the cake has cooled, spread a thick layer of chocolate icing on top of one sponge and sprinkle with orange zest. Repeat with the other sponge, then sandwich them together.
Top tip: Change up your icing flavours by putting a layer of vanilla icing in the middle - you could jazz it up even further by mixing it with orange food colouring for a real punch of colour!