Classic mince pie
- 350g mincemeat
- 225g Heritage plain flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 125g Heritage unsalted butter
- 1 Heritage egg
- 1 tbsp Heritage milk
- In a food processor, blend the flour, sugar and diced butter together, then slowly beat in the egg (this can be done by hand)
- Bring the mixture together and wrap in clingfilm. Leave in the fridge for an hour and then roll out the mixture onto a floured surface
- Using a pastry cutter, cut out 12 shapes and press them into a cake tin
- Fill each pastry evenly with mincemeat, stirred through thoroughly
- Cut out 12 smaller pastry circles and layer on top of the mincemeat, pressing the edges of the pastry together with a fork to seal
- Make a small slit in the top of each pie and brush with the milk
- Chill the mince pies for 30 minutes
- Then, pop in a preheated oven at 200°C and bake for 20 minutes
- Finish off with a generous dollop of Heritage brandy butter!
Sign up for taste testing, news & competitions
Access keys are keyboard shortcuts for the main links used on this website.
How the keys work varies between platforms and browsers. Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing the keys defined on the web site.
As a rule, on Windows, you can press ALT + an access key.
On a Mac (OS X), you can press Ctrl + alt (option) + an access key, pressing the enter key will follow a link.
|Page||Key||Windows||Mac (OS X)|
|Access Keys||0||Alt + 0||Ctrl + alt (option) + 0|
|Home||1||Alt + 1||Ctrl + alt (option) + 1|
|Stores||2||Alt + 2||Ctrl + alt (option) + 2|
|Offers||3||Alt + 3||Ctrl + alt (option) + 3|
|Heritage Range||4||Alt + 4||Ctrl + alt (option) + 4|
|Competitions||5||Alt + 5||Ctrl + alt (option) + 5|
|Recipes||6||Alt + 6||Ctrl + alt (option) + 6|
|Our Community||7||Alt + 7||Ctrl + alt (option) + 7|
|Our Approach||8||Alt + 8||Ctrl + alt (option) + 8|
|Contact Us||9||Alt + 9||Ctrl + alt (option) + 9|
|Store Locator||E||Alt + E||Ctrl + alt (option) + E|
|Newsletter||R||Alt + R||Ctrl + alt (option) + R|
|Food||O||Alt + O||Ctrl + alt (option) + O|
Press Esc to close this pop up.