Festive Mini Sausage Rolls: How To Make This Christmas Party Essential
Festive mini sausage rolls: delicious meat, flaky pastry with a Christmas twist. Impress your guests with these mini sausage rolls; ideal for serving as a side dish at any Yuletide gathering.
We’ve made these sausage rolls extra festive with some mustard, brandy, cranberries and cinnamon - and therefore made them extra irresistible! Read on to get the simple, scrumptious, step-by-step recipe.
- 425g Heritage sausages
- Small garlic clove
- A little Heritage salt
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- ¼ tsp Heritage ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Heritage brandy
- 20g Heritage cranberries
- 400g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 Heritage egg, beaten, to glaze
- 1 tsp Heritage wholegrain mustard
- Black and yellow mustard seeds (optional)
- Heat your oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
- Crush the garlic clove. Mix this together with the brandy, salt, chopped parsley, ground cinnamon and around 35ml of water.
- Peel away the skin on the sausages and place into a food processor with the cranberries, mustard and water mixture you just made. Turn the processor to high-speed, and then season with some pepper.
- Unroll your pre-made pastry on a board, and cut in half.
- Divide the sausage mix into two and spread it along the pastry, leaving 1cm at each edge.
- Tightly roll the pastry around the sausage mix; brush the ends with a beaten egg.
- Cut each into appropriately-sized mini rolls. Brush more beaten egg on the pastry.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes. The meat should be cooked through and pastry should be puffed.
Enjoy hot or cold!
Why not sprinkle on some black and yellow mustards seeds after glazing, but before baking? They’ll give your mini sausage rolls an extra festive twist!
On the hunt for more festive dishes? Our Christmas recipes will no doubt provide plenty of inspiration...