Halloumi and Mushroom Burgers
Halloumi’s all the rage - and it tastes even better between two buns. Give our Heritage Halloumi and Mushroom Burgers recipe a whirl, perhaps on your barbecue; we’ve got a feeling that you won’t be disappointed. Out with the beef burger, in with a veggie-friendly, fashionable alternative.
- 1 pack of Halloumi
- 3 extra-large, flat mushrooms, peeled
- 3 burger buns (brioche are ideal)
- 1 clove of Heritage garlic
- A little Heritage olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Heritage houmous
- 60g rocket
- Tomato relish
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place your peeled mushrooms on a tray.
- Create some seasoning by grating the garlic into a bowl and adding the Heritage olive oil. Pour this over the mushrooms.
- Roast the seasoned mushrooms in the oven for approximately 7-8 minutes. They should be beginning to colour slightly, as well as becoming softer.
- Cut the halloumi into thick slices and cook them on a slightly oiled, hot pan on a medium heat. Take care not to burn the outside of the cheese.
- Cut the buns and slightly toast the insides on a grill.
- Spread houmous inside your toasted bun,then stack your mushrooms, halloumi and relish on top. Add a small amount of rocket and enjoy!
Top-tip: Psst, these taste even better with crispy sweet potato fries.