Halloween Cobweb Cupcakes
With a special cream cheese icing, these fluffy cobweb cupcakes are sure to disappear frighteningly quickly…
They’re as delicious as they are spooky - perfect for any Halloween party! Get the simple, step-by-step below.
For the cupcake...
- 125g Heritage plain flour
- 25g Cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp Heritage Baking powder
- 150g Caster sugar
- 150g Heritage unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Heritage free-range egg
- 8 tbsp Heritage milk
For the cream cheese icing...
- 50g Cream cheese
- 25g Heritage butter, softened at room temperature
- 125g icing sugar, sifted
- ½ tsp Vanilla essence
For the chocolate icing...
- 25g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas 4. Line a muffin tray with 9 muffin cases.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a bowl. Add the sugar and butter and beat themixture together until well combined.
- Whisk in the egg and milk until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes then leave to cool.
- For the cream cheese icing, mix the cream cheese and butter together in a bowl until smooth then beat in the icing sugar and vanilla. Then spoon it onto the cupcakes.
- For the chocolate icing, sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl and mix in 2 tablespoons of water to form a smooth, thick icing.
- Transfer the mixture into the corner of a sandwich bag and snip off the corner, to form a small hole.
- Carefully pipe 3 circles onto each cupcake, one inside of the other.
- Run a toothpick from the centre to the edge of the cake, through each circle of icing, at 2cm intervals to create a cobweb effect.
- Leave for 20 minutes to allow the icing to harden.
Scarily simple, right? Why not get the kids involved?