- 300g cooked ham, sliced and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30g butter
- 3 medium leeks, washed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp fresh sage, shredded
- 350g dried macaroni or other small pasta shapes
- 1.2 litres chicken or vegetable stock, hot
- In a large frying pan, sauté the chopped ham and the leeks in the oil and butter. Cook, stirring for two minutes, then add the garlic and sage. Cook these ingredients together for a further minute.
- Add the pasta and keep stirring for 1 - 2 minutes, then pour in enough stock to cover the pasta.
- Cover and simmer gently for 8 - 10 minutes, stirring and adding more stock until the pasta is soft.
- Back To Recipes -