How To Make An Adorable Vanilla Easter Bunny Cake
Celebrate Easter in style this year with our recipe for an Easter Bunny Cake! Simple sponge, decorated with icing and coconut, this is an easy recipe that results in a show stopping centerpiece. They’ll go hopping mad for it!
For the cake:
- 1 Packet Betty Crocker Classic Vanilla Cake Mix
- 60ml /4tbsp vegetable oil
- 180ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
For the icing:
- 1 tub Betty Crocker Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing
- 200g desiccated coconut
- Few drops red food colour
- 2 large white chocolate buttons
- 1 large milk chocolate buttons
- Liquorice or cola laces for the whiskers and mouth
- Coloured chocolate beans for the bowtie
- 2 brown chocolate beans
- Preheat your oven to 180°C(160°C for fan assisted ovens)/gas mark 4.
- Grease two 20cm cake tins.
- Mix the cake mix, oil, water and eggs together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2 - 3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cake mixture evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Using a small knife, cut out two ear shapes from opposite ends of one cooled cake, this will also leave you with your bowtie shape. Transfer over to a large platter to assemble your bunny cake.
- Spread the buttercream icing all over the bunny and bowtie and then sprinkle over 175g of desiccated coconut to make the bunny’s fur.
- Colour the remaining coconut pink by mixing it with a few drops of the red food colouring.
- Sprinkle the pink coconut inside of the ears and the middle of the bowtie. Use the chocolate buttons and laces to make your bunny’s face and decorate the bowtie with the chocolate beans.