Homemade Ketchup Marinade Chicken
Ketchup goes with a lot of things, but did you know it also makes a pretty sweet marinade? Chicken’s in our good books for being a healthy, light and filling meat; get your protein kick in one of the most unusually tasty ways we know.
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 120g onion, finely chopped
- 60 ml vinegar
- 120 ml water
- 15 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 125 ml ketchup
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Add all ingredients apart from the chicken to a mixing bowl, stirring well.
- Pour this over the chicken, cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken - storing the marinade - and cook on a barbecue.
- Boil your ketchup marinade in a small pot. Turn the heat down to simmer until the mixture thickens. Serve this on the side.
Nisa’s top-tip: Feeling hot and healthy? Keep things cool in the summer heat with a bit of salad on the side… and perhaps an ice-cold beer to accompany.