How To Make A Delicious Sweet Potato Curry
This easy to make sweet potato curry is packed full of flavour and is great to eat at lunch or dinner. Perfect served with white fluffy rice or with some poppadoms crushed on top, it’s a tasty vegetarian dish that everyone can enjoy.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Small knob of ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp curry powder (medium or hot depending how you like it)
- 1kg sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 350ml vegetable stock
- 250g spinach
- 3 tbsp double cream or creme fresh
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- Rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick saucepan
- Fry the onion over a medium heat until soft and golden. Stir in the garlic, ginger and curry powder and mix well.
- Add the sweet potato, chopped tomatoes and stock, then bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cover and cook gently for 15-20 mins until the potato is soft.
- Add the spinach and cook for 5 mins more until it’s wilted, then stir in the cream.
- Turn the heat up and it leave it uncovered for 5 mins so the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scatter the chilli slices over the curry and serve with rice. Add some sunflower seeds for added crunch.