Kid-friendly, Super-simple Chicken Fajitas
This September is National Chicken Month - so what better way get your scrumptious protein kick with a super-simple, kid-friendly recipe? Perfect, too, for those back-to-school lunchboxes…
- 2 Heritage Chicken Breast Fillets, finely sliced
- 6 Heritage flour tortillas
- 1 Heritage Large Onion, sliced
- 1 Heritage mixed pepper, sliced
- Heritage Crispy Salad
- Heritage Salsa Dip
For the marinade...
- 1 tbsp Heritage smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Heritage ground coriander
- A little Heritage ground cumin
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tbsp Heritage olive oil
- Around 4 drops of hot sauce (the more daring you’re feeling, the more drops...)
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- First, to make the marinade. Mix in all the ingredients listed under the marinade: paprika, coriander, ground cumin, garlic cloves, olive oil and hot sauce.
- Stir in the chicken, onion and red pepper.
- Add everything to a hot griddle pan, and keep it moving for around 4-5 minutes on a high heat. Some tongs might help you here - make sure the chicken is fully cooked!
- Slightly warm the tortillas, ideally in the oven, but potentially in the microwave. Now for the fun part - get the kids to arrange the ingredients, add the salad and also a few dollops of salsa to the tortilla - then fold in half or roll together!