Marvellous Macaroni and Cheese
- 350g Macaroni or Heritage Fusilli pasta
- 3 tbsp Heritage plain flour
- 3 tbspHeritage salted butter
- 500ml whole milk
- 50g Heritage mild cheddar cheese, grated
- A filling of your choice (if you want to mix it up!) - for instance Heritage Bacon, Peas or Cooked Ham
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Boil the pasta over the hob, with peas (if using). Remove from heat when both are soft and cooked through.
- Mix the butter and milk together on a low heat, in a different saucepan, and then gradually add the flour - a thick sauce should form.
- Take off the heat and add the cheese.
- Mix the pasta and sauce together, and put into an ovenproof dish. Add a little more grated cheese on top then bake for 20 minutes until golden-brown.
Top tip: If you’re incorporating bacon, grill it while you’re making the sauce - then, when it’s ready, chop it up and throw it in the mix! Scrummy.