Mexican Chicken Burgers
- 1 pack Heritage chicken breasts
- 1 tub sour cream
- 1 tub guacamole
- 1 tub salsa
- 1 pack burger buns
- 100g Heritage cheddar, grated
- A little lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 lemon
- Some Heritage chilli flakes
- A little Heritage olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rub your Heritage chicken breasts with the lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper and chilli flakes. Pop in a tin foil case and cook over the BBQ on a high heat (alternately, on the grill or in the oven) for 15 - 20 minutes (or until cooked-through and white. If you’re cooking it in the oven, it may need longer).
- Grill your burger buns for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Layer your burgers as follows - bottom burger bun, dollop of sour cream, lettuce leaf, slice of tomato, chicken burger, cheese, dollop of guacamole, lettuce leaf, dollop of salsa, lettuce leaf, top burger bun. Enjoy, amigos!
Top tip: This burger tastes phenomenal with a spicy twist - try using chilli cheese instead of regular and spicy salsa to make a version of this burger that’ll knock your socks off!