How to Create a Quick, Delicious Quorn Tikka Curry
This recipe creates a delicious, healthy tikka curry, packed full of vegetables and Quorn chicken.
Try it served with rice, mango chutney and poppadoms for a healthier take on your classic Indian takeaway - or, as some call it, a fake-away!
- 300g Quorn chicken-style pieces
- 2 tbsp tikka paste
- 1 tbsp each ground coriander, ground cumin, turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 150ml natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp Heritage Vegetable Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Combine marinade ingredients and stir in the Quorn pieces. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Heat oil and sauté onion for 2 – 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the Quorn pieces and marinade to the pan and cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually add the stock, then the sweet potato.
- Bring to the boil then simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Check the seasoning and garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve with brown rice, poppadoms and mango chutney.
Are you a Quorn-lover on the lookout for more delicious recipes? After you’ve sampled the wonders of this Tikka Curry, try your hand at our Quorn Sausage, Roast Pepper & Rocket Salad. It’ll put the rocket (salad) boosters on any health kick you might have in mind!