Simple Springtime Creamy Fish Pie
- 300g boneless white fish fillet, cut into chunks
- 225g bag washed leaf spinach
- 425g small new potatoes
- 100g crème fraîche
- 2 Heritage eggs
- 1 tbsp Heritage olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
In the spirit of springing forward, we’ve got a light and creamy recipe that’s super-easy to whip up - springtime fish pie. Serving 2, this is perfect for sharing with a friend on those ever-lengthening nights.
- Heat your oven to 200C. Pour the spinach into a colander.
- Tip the potatoes into a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Pour some over the spinach to wilt it. Cook the potatoes for 10 minutes, drain and mash.
- Squeeze the water out of the spinach, scattering over the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Leave two gaps for each egg; crack them into the gaps and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish over the eggs and spinach.
- After spreading the creme fraiche over, drizzle the lemon juice over.
- Spoon the potatoes over, drizzle with Heritage olive oil and pop it in the oven for 25 minutes.
- The top should be golden and crispy; let it stand for a couple of minutes and serve.
Yep, you better believe us - it’s that easy to enjoy a homemade fish pie.