Steak in Red Wine Sauce
- Heritage sirloin steaks
- 20g Heritage butter
- 200ml red wine
- 1 ½ tsp mustard
- 1 small red onion, diced
- Some Heritage salt and black pepper
- Fresh chillies, sliced (optional)
- Rub the sirloin steaks with salt and black pepper on both sides. Fry your steaks for a little less than however long you need to, to get them to the level that you enjoy them (blue / rare / medium-rare / medium / medium-well / well done / very well done).
- In another pan, fry the diced red onions with the butter, until the onions have softened. Add the red wine and mustard and fry together for a further three to five minutes.
- Add the steaks to the pan and cook together for a further few minutes (until your steak is cooked to how you like it). Serve up with delicious McCain Gourmet Sea Salt Chips!
Sign up for taste testing, news & competitions
Access keys are keyboard shortcuts for the main links used on this website.
How the keys work varies between platforms and browsers. Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing the keys defined on the web site.
As a rule, on Windows, you can press ALT + an access key.
On a Mac (OS X), you can press Ctrl + alt (option) + an access key, pressing the enter key will follow a link.
|Page||Key||Windows||Mac (OS X)|
|Access Keys||0||Alt + 0||Ctrl + alt (option) + 0|
|Home||1||Alt + 1||Ctrl + alt (option) + 1|
|Stores||2||Alt + 2||Ctrl + alt (option) + 2|
|Offers||3||Alt + 3||Ctrl + alt (option) + 3|
|Heritage Range||4||Alt + 4||Ctrl + alt (option) + 4|
|Competitions||5||Alt + 5||Ctrl + alt (option) + 5|
|Recipes||6||Alt + 6||Ctrl + alt (option) + 6|
|Our Community||7||Alt + 7||Ctrl + alt (option) + 7|
|Our Approach||8||Alt + 8||Ctrl + alt (option) + 8|
|Contact Us||9||Alt + 9||Ctrl + alt (option) + 9|
|Store Locator||E||Alt + E||Ctrl + alt (option) + E|
|Newsletter||R||Alt + R||Ctrl + alt (option) + R|
|Food||O||Alt + O||Ctrl + alt (option) + O|
Press Esc to close this pop up.