Stuffed jacket potatoes … that the kids can make!
Don’t miss this lunchtime staple… our stuffed jacket potatoes recipe is a healthy, filling dish that’s ready in 1, 2, 3! Not only that, but it’s perfect for getting the kids involved with celebrating National Potato Month!
- 4 medium Heritage potatoes
- 125g Heritage grated mature cheddar
- 100g Heritage mixed peppers, chopped finely
- 85g Heritage sweetcorn
- … and any other toppings you fancy! Perhaps some bacon, chilli or tuna mayonnaise?
- Adults, heat the oven to 200°C. Bake all the potatoes for around an hour - they should have crispy skins. Once done, leave them to cool completely. This doesn’t have to be done on the day - they can be baked 2 days in advance.
- Adults, cut the potatoes in half lengthways and heat the oven to 200C.
- Kids - now it’s your turn! Scoop out the middle of each of the potatoes, but leave the skin unbroken. Put the scooped out potato into a separate bowl.
- Take a fork and mash the potato. Add the cheese, peppers and sweetcorn and mix it all together!
- Scoop the mixture back into the empty potato skins and top each one with some extra cheese.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes until golden and crispy.
Nisa top-tip: Add your favourite toppings and enjoy National Potato Month the proper way!