Sugo al Pomodoro
- 1 tbsp rock salt
- 12 medium-sized Heritage vine tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 100ml Italia red wine
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil
- Lower in the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes
- Remove the tomatoes with a slotted spoon, transfer to a food processor and blend together with the rosemary for around half a minute
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, then add the shallot and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes
- Spoon the sauce into the pan, add the red wine and allow to cook for 30 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately with pasta or meat
- Perfect with: With ripe redcurrant, red cherry fruit and savoury herbal characters, the Italia Montepulciano goes perfectly with the acidity of this deep red tomato sauce
Sign up for taste testing, news & competitions
Access keys are keyboard shortcuts for the main links used on this website.
How the keys work varies between platforms and browsers. Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing the keys defined on the web site.
As a rule, on Windows, you can press ALT + an access key.
On a Mac (OS X), you can press Ctrl + alt (option) + an access key, pressing the enter key will follow a link.
|Page||Key||Windows||Mac (OS X)|
|Access Keys||0||Alt + 0||Ctrl + alt (option) + 0|
|Home||1||Alt + 1||Ctrl + alt (option) + 1|
|Stores||2||Alt + 2||Ctrl + alt (option) + 2|
|Offers||3||Alt + 3||Ctrl + alt (option) + 3|
|Heritage Range||4||Alt + 4||Ctrl + alt (option) + 4|
|Competitions||5||Alt + 5||Ctrl + alt (option) + 5|
|Recipes||6||Alt + 6||Ctrl + alt (option) + 6|
|Our Community||7||Alt + 7||Ctrl + alt (option) + 7|
|Our Approach||8||Alt + 8||Ctrl + alt (option) + 8|
|Contact Us||9||Alt + 9||Ctrl + alt (option) + 9|
|Store Locator||E||Alt + E||Ctrl + alt (option) + E|
|Newsletter||R||Alt + R||Ctrl + alt (option) + R|
|Food||O||Alt + O||Ctrl + alt (option) + O|
Press Esc to close this pop up.