How To Make The Best Vegan Pancake Recipe - For Perfect Pancakes Every Time
Being vegan doesn’t mean you have to miss out on pancakes! This quick and easy recipe produces a light and fluffy crepe style pancake, perfect served with your favourite toppings - from the classic lemon and sugar, to vegan maple syrup and fresh fruit!
- 200g plain flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 425ml soy milk / alternative plant milk
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil / 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the milk, if the batter is too thick, add more milk until you get the perfect consistency.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat and lightly coat with oil or some vegan butter if needed. Pour in a ladle of the batter, tilting the pan and spreading the batter around to cover the whole bottom of it.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the batter gets darker. Loosen the edges with a butter knife and flip the crepe. This is sometimes easier with a spatula.
- Cook 1 minute more until brown the other side of the crepe. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- They can be stored for about 5 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer. Once cooled, stack them between layers of parchment paper and then keep them in a sealed container or a ziploc bag.
Looking for more vegan inspiration? Try three of our favourite vegan recipes, including a creamy vegan mac and cheese, a zesty Mexican bean rice and a tasty vegan nut roast!