The Perfect Vegan Christmas Nut Roast Recipe
Vegans and vegetarians don’t have to miss out on a delicious Sunday Roast or Christmas Dinner. This nut roast is really easy to make, serves six and is suitable for for vegans and vegetarians!
- 200g red lentils
- 1 Heritage onion, finely sliced
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes drained of oil and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50g dried apricots, chopped
- 200g mixed nuts, chopped
- 50g mixed seeds
- 1½ tsp Heritage dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp soy sauce - this can be swapped for a gluten free ‘tamari’ for those who are gluten intolerant
- 1 Heritage carrot, grated
- 1 tsp Heritage turmeric powder
- Heritage salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Cook the lentils in plenty of water for 15 minutes, then drain using a fine sieve.
- While the lentils cook, heat a little of the sun-dried tomato oil in your largest frying pan and gently fry the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients, except the seasoning, to the pan. Stir really well, add the cooked lentils and stir again, seasoning to taste.
- Line a loaf tin (approximately 20cm x 10cm) with non-stick baking paper and spoon in the mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes and allow to cool slightly before removing and cutting into thick slices.