The Ultimate Vegetarian Paella Recipe: Ready in 4 Simple Steps
Get an authentic taste of Spain with this tasty vegetarian take on the classic Spanish dish.
It’s so simple, it only takes 4 steps to make!
Delicious served with a range of tapas dishes like patatas bravas and garlic mushrooms for veggie feast!
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 275g Heritage short grain rice
- 2 tbsp Heritage olive oil
- 2 Heritage onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Heritage green pepper, decored and diced
- 1 Heritage red pepper, decored and diced
- 1 cup Heritage peas
- 2 Heritage tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp Heritage paprika
- Heritage Black pepper, ground
- Heritage Spanish Olives
- Heritage Fine Beans
- Heritage Lemon
- In a large, non-stick frying pan, heat the oil, onions and garlic. Cook until soft - approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and peppers and cover before cooking for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sprinkle the paprika over. Add your stock to the pan - but be careful to stop it overflowing.
- Stir the rice gently into the paella. Cook on a simmering heat until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed - this could take over 15 minutes.
Serve hot or cold - you can’t go wrong! Any leftovers can be safely stored for later feasting.
Heritage top-tip: Why not serve this with a cheeky glass of Heritage white wine? All we’ll say is that they go together perfectly...
For more tasty vegetarian dishes, try our Veggie Baked Bean Chilli Recipe or our Tomato and Caramelised Onion Tart, both are packed full of flavour. For more options, see our collection of 5 Irresistible Veggie Dishes.