Celebrate ‘Less Salt, More Herbs Day’ on 29th August by filling your kitchen with irresistible herby aromas… thanks to a Spanish, vegetarian twist. It’s Vegetarian Paella, of course! Get a load of our ridiculously simple four-step recipe.
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 275g Heritage short grain rice
- 2 tbsp Heritage olive oil
- 2 Heritage onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Heritage green pepper, decored and diced
- 1 Heritage red pepper, decored and diced
- 1 cup Heritage peas
- 2 Heritage tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp Heritage paprika
- Heritage Black pepper, ground
- Heritage Spanish Olives
- Heritage Fine Beans
- Heritage Lemon
- In a large, non-stick frying pan, heat the oil, onions and garlic. Cook until soft - approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and peppers and cover before cooking for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sprinkle the paprika over. Add your stock to the pan - but be careful to stop it overflowing.
- Stir the rice gently into the paella. Cook on a simmering heat until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed - this could take over 15 minutes.
Serve hot or cold - you can’t go wrong! Any leftovers can be safely stored for later feasting.
Heritage top-tip: Why not serve this with a cheeky glass of Heritage white wine? All we’ll say is that they go together perfectly...