- 4 Heritage eggs
- 230g sugar
- 230g Heritage self-raising flour
- 230g Heritage butter
- Heritage strawberry or raspberry jam
- Some Heritage double cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease and flour two circular baking tins (same size).
- Mix all ingredients together apart from icing sugar, jam and whipped cream, to create a thick liquid.
- Divide the mixture evenly between both tins.
- Place the trays in the middle of the oven and bake for 25 - 30 minutes, until they’re both golden brown and springy.
- Pop cakes on a wire rack to cool. Once cooled, turn one of the cakes upside down and spread a thick layer of jam in the middle, followed by a thick layer of whipped cream.
- Add the other cake on top, and sprinkle a little sugar over the finished thing. Serve with another dash of whipped cream.
- Back To Recipes -