Yummy Chicken Fajitas
- Old El Paso Fajita Cooking Sauce
- Old El Paso Flour Tortillas (8-pack)
- 2 Heritage chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 tin Heritage sweetcorn, drained
- 1 tbsp mixed spice
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- A little Heritage olive oil
- A handful of fresh lettuce
- A squeeze of lime (optional)
- 1 tub Heritage salsa or guacamole (optional)
- Some garlic salt (optional)
- In a large frying pan, cook your chicken with some Heritage olive oil until the meat’s white through, on a medium-high heat. This should take about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and place in a bowl. Throw the onions and peppers into the frying pan with a little more olive oil, and fry for a further 3 - 5 minutes, until the onions are slightly translucent.
- Transfer the chicken back into the pan along with the sweetcorn and Old El Paso Fajita Cooking Sauce. Add mixed spice and garlic salt (if using). Cook together for 5 - 10 minutes on a low heat.
- While the ingredients are cooking together, heat your tortilla wraps in the oven at about 200°C, until they’re warm and golden (this should take about 5 - 10 minutes).
- Scoop the fajita mix inside the centre of the tortillas with chopped lettuce and roll. Squeeze lime over them (if using) and enjoy with Heritage guacamole/salsa (if using).
Top tip: Need a veggie alternative? This recipe tastes lovely with Quorn Chicken Pieces, too - and cooking it follows the same process! Simple.