How To Make Delicious Brazilian BBQ Chicken
Juicy, tender chicken with a good hint of lemon and garlic, this easy to make BBQ recipe is perfect for Summer.
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on
For the marinade...
- 2 lemons, zest and juice (or 4 tbsp of bottled lemon juice)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp piri-piri sauce
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Place all the ingredients in a non-metallic container, mix together and cover. Pop this in the fridge for at least 2 hours - the mixture can be left longer for even more taste - perhaps overnight.
- Before grilling, allow the mixture to return to room temperature.
- Make 2 skewers, with 4 thighs on each. Cook on a very hot barbecue or grill for 5 minutes. Turn the skewers and grill the other side for 5 minutes. If they still need some more time, continue to cook on a medium heat, until juices run clear.
Ready in no time and ideal to serve with sweet potato fries and crunchy slaw or a salad for a light dish.