Delicious Halloumi Kebab Recipe with Thyme & Lemon Drizzle
A delicious summer dish, these Halloumi kebabs with lemon and thyme drizzle is quick and easy to make, and is a great vegetarian BBQ recipe.
- 2 medium courgettes
- 1 large red onion
- 250g low fat halloumi cheese, cut into 16 chunks
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves (preferably lemon thyme)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pitta bread, to serve
- Halve the courgettes lengthways, then thickly slice. Cut the onion into wedges and separate into pieces.
- Thread the halloumi, cherry tomatoes, courgettes and onion onto eight skewers. Cover and chill the kebabs until you are ready to cook (You can do this up to half a day ahead).
- To make the baste, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, mustard and seasoning. (This can be made ahead and chilled, too).
- Preheat the barbecue or grill and arrange the kebabs on the rack. Brush with the baste, stirring it first to make sure the ingredients are blended.
- Cook for 4 - 5 minutes, turning often, until the cheese begins to turn golden and the vegetables are just tender.
- Serve while still hot with warm pitta bread or why not try some sweet potato fries!