Tuna Pasta Bake
Makes 4 servings.
- 600g small pasta shapes
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 600ml milk
- 250g strong cheddar, grated
- 2 x 160g cans tuna steak
- Spring water, drained
- 330g can sweetcorn, drained
- Heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Boil the pasta for two minutes less than the time it dictates on the pack.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour. Cook for one minute.
- Then, gradually stir in the milk to make a thick white sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in all but a handful of cheese.
- Drain the pasta and mix with the white sauce, tuna, sweetcorn, then season.
- Transfer to a baking dish and top with the rest of the grated cheese. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until the cheese on top is golden and starting to brown.