Serves 3 - 4.
- 2 tbsp Heritage olive oil
- 8 boneless chicken thighs or breasts, halved
- 2 red Heritage onions, diced
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp honey
- 300g carrots, chopped
- 100g tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tbsp ground coriander
- 150ml hot water
- 2 handfuls spinach (optional)
- Heat your oil in the bottom of a deep saucepan and fry the halved chicken for 5 minutes until beginning to colour. Combine with diced onions, tomatoes and ginger and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients apart from chopped coriander and cook on a medium-high heat for 30 minutes, until the chicken has softened and is white all the way through.
- Heat for a further 10 minutes on high-boiling heat. Add a dash of coriander and salt, and serve.
Top tip: For a truly exotic flavour you could add toasted almonds, dried fruits and spices to the mix - flavours that really complement the chicken and give it a strong, unique edge.