Nisa Smithy Green Spreads Christmas Cheer with £14,000 Donation to Local Wigan Causes
Nisa Smithy Green in Wigan has wrapped up a year of giving with a generous £1,000 donation to local community groups and charities, bringing their total contributions through Nisa Retail's "Making a Difference Locally" initiative to over £18,500 with £14,000 donated in 2023.
The store's festive spirit shines brightly as they celebrate this milestone by offering four additional £250 donations to good causes in the community, spreading Christmas cheer in true Wigan style.
"We're incredibly proud of the support we've been able to offer to so many incredible local organizations this year," said Hepesh, owner of Nisa Smithy Green. "From The Brick and Homeless Aid UK supporting those in need, to keeping our local sporting scene thriving with contributions to Highfield and Winstanley Cricket Clubs, it's been an honour to play a part in making a difference for Wigan residents."
The list of beneficiaries extends far and wide, demonstrating the store's commitment to diverse causes, including:
• The Brick: Supporting young people facing homelessness and social exclusion.
• Homeless Aid UK: Providing vital services and resources to those experiencing homelessness.
• New Spring Morris Dancers: Keeping traditional British culture alive in the community.
• Action Station CIC: Helping vulnerable individuals and families through practical support and activities.
• Platt Bridge Morris Dancers: Another local troupe keeping heritage alive.
• Dean Trust Rose Bridge: Supporting education and development for young people.
• Highfield Cricket Club: Fostering a love of cricket in the community.
• Winstanley Cricket Club: Supporting another local cricket team.
• Talk First family mediation: Promoting positive communication and resolution in family matters.
• Inch Church of England Primary School: Enhancing the learning experience for local children.
• CDH UK: Supporting families affected by congenital diaphragmatic hernia.
• St Patricks Amateur league rugby club: Promoting grassroots rugby and community spirit.
• Ince Rose Bridge Sports and community club: Encouraging participation in sports and activities for all ages.
The store's commitment to local causes doesn't stop there. To spread even more Christmas cheer, Nisa Smithy Green is inviting local good causes to apply for one of four £250 donations. Details on how to apply will be available in-store and on the store's social media pages.
"We want to ensure everyone in Wigan has a happy and healthy Christmas," Hepesh Owner added. "This is our way of saying thank you to the community and giving back to those who make Wigan such a special place."
Nisa Smithy Green's generosity is a shining example of how independent retailers can make a real difference in their communities. By supporting local causes, they strengthen the social fabric of Wigan and make it a more vibrant place to live.