Skip to content

Rawcliffe Junior Football Club nets a donation from Nisa Local

The Nisa Local at Market Square, University of York has donated £500 to Rawcliffe Junior Football Club’s under 11s team to enable them to purchase rain jackets to keep players warm and dry during the colder winter months.

The football club is based in the Rawcliffe area of York and comprises over 200 juniors from across the Clifton, Clifton Moor, Rawcliffe and other areas of York, representing the U7 to U19 age groups in various junior football competitions for both mixed and girls teams.

Rawcliffe Junior Football Club nets a donation from Nisa Local

The funds were donated via Nisa’s Making a Difference Locally charity  which was established to support local communities, allowing Nisa’s independent  retailers to support local causes that matter to them with charitable donations. Every time a customer purchases an item from Nisa’s Heritage or Co-op own brand ranges, a proportion of the cost is added to the store’s charity fund, to be donated to a local good cause. To date, the Market Square store has donated over £7,000 to support charitable causes in the community.

As a result of the donation, my Under 11s team will get a set of personalized training/rain jackets ready for the season

Paul Harvey, Coach for Rawcliffe Junior FC’s Under 11s team, said: “As a result of the donation, my Under 11s team will get a set of personalized training/rain jackets ready for the season, so they will all look the same and feel even more part of a team.

“Also, I should be able to buy a pop up goal for training instead of using poles - that will make a real difference for the team.”

Adam Viney, Multisite Retail Manager at the University of York , added: “We are delighted to be able to use our Making a Difference Locally funds to support Rawcliffe Junior Football Club and hope the donation will make a real difference for the team.

“We would like to thank our customers for their continued support, through donations via our MADL collecting tins and the purchase of own label products in our stores; as without this support these community donations would not be possible.”