Nisa retailers and suppliers honoured at spectacular gala dinner
Outstanding Nisa retailers and suppliers were celebrated at the 2022 Nisa Expo, held last week as a physical event for the first time since 2019.
Taking place at NAEC Stoneleigh in Warwickshire, the black tie gala dinner and awards ceremony concluded the first day of the two-day Expo attended by suppliers, retailers and Nisa and Co-op colleagues.
Around 800 guests were in attendance at the awards evening, which saw a host of Nisa retailers as well as suppliers recognised for their retailing excellence, with 14 titles announced including a number of new awards.
And for the first time in the history of the Nisa Expo, any profits from the sale of gala dinner ticket sales were donated to Nisa’s Making a Difference Locally charity.
All suppliers in attendance were entered into a draw, with 15 winners receiving a £1,000 donation to be shared in the local community of the nearest Nisa store via a ‘Stronger Together’ MADL donation.
Retailers presented with Nisa Expo awards on the night were:
• Own Brand Retailer of the Year - Leftley’s of Wells
• Newcomer of the Year - Inner Space Service Station, York
• Store Development of the Year (Independent/Dual Branded) - Bradley’s Supermarket, Quorn
• Store Development of the Year (Symbol Fascia) - LA Foods, Haverstock Hill
• Forecourt Store of the Year - TOUT’S Cleeve
• Convenience Store of the Year - PGNJ Ltd, Cambuslang
• Large Store of the Year - Central Filling Station Ltd, Newry
• MADL Charity Champion of the Year (Large Store) - CK Supermarkets, South Wales
• MADL Charity Champion of the Year (Small Store) - Longhours Ltd, Ely and Dallam Stores, Warrington (joint winners)
Both MADL award winners were also given £2,500 to donate to local causes through their respective Making a Difference Locally funds.
In addition, five suppliers were acknowledged for their outstanding levels of service to the business over the last 12 months:
• Central Invoicing/Direct to Store Supplier of the Year - Country Choice
• Fresh Supplier of the Year – Total World Fresh
• Frozen Supplier of the Year - Unilever
• Grocery Supplier of the Year – Kimberly-Clark and Pladis (joint winners)
• Licensed & Tobacco Supplier of the Year – Budweiser Brewing Group
Jenny Potts, events manager at Nisa said: “Every year we strive to deliver a great Expo for our customers and suppliers and it was especially significant this year because of the two-year absence of a physical event.
“The standard of nominees this year was exceptional, and it was fantastic to be able to celebrate their incredible efforts and achievements in person with an event that we hope was one to remember.”