The Ultimate Vegetarian Paella Recipe: Ready in 4 Simple Steps
Get an authentic taste with this tasty vegetarian take on the classic dish - it’s so simple, it only takes 4 steps to make!
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 275g short grain rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 green pepper, decored and diced
- 1 red pepper, decored and diced
- 1 cup peas
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- Black pepper, ground
- Fine Beans
- In a large, non-stick frying pan, heat the oil, onions and garlic. Cook until soft - approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and peppers and cover before cooking for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sprinkle the paprika over. Add your stock to the pan - but be careful to stop it overflowing.
- Stir the rice gently into the paella. Cook on a simmering heat until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed - this could take over 15 minutes.
Serve hot or cold - you can’t go wrong! Any leftovers can be safely stored for later feasting.