Cheese, Leek & Sweet Potato Risotto
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 300g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 300g risotto rice (arborio or carnaroli)
- 200ml dry white wine
- 1 litre hot reduced salt vegetable stock
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 75g frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 100g cheese, grated or crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Basil leaves or parsley springs, to garnish
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan or saucepan and add the sweet potato chunks. Cook over a very low heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.
Add the rice to the pan and cook, stirring for two minutes. Pour in the wine and let it bubble up, then add half the stock. Stir well and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
Add the leeks and cook until the rice is tender, gradually adding the remaining stock.
Stir in the peas, parsley and most of the Cheshire cheese. Season, then serve with the reserved cheese sprinkled on top, garnished with basil or parsley.