- 100g unsalted butter, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 free range eggs
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 30g Cocoa powder
- Variations could include: 100g white or milk chocolate chunks, chopped
- 100g hazelnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- 100g pecans, toasted, roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls of baby marshmallows
Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas mark 4.
Line a 22cm square brownie tin with greaseproof paper.
Melt the butter and chocolate together in a microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
Whisk the eggs and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and sift on the flour, baking powder and cocoa until it’s a fudgie batter.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is cracked but the middle just set.
Cool completely, then lift out of the tin and cut.
Serve with ice cream or strawberries.