Delicious Sausage and Root Vegetable Bake Recipe
This twist on the classic sausage and mash makes for a super tasty meal. Honey roasted root veg with sizzling sausages is delicious served with nice dollop of creamy mash. Easy to make, this dish is great for all the family and makes a nice change from a Sunday roast or a delicious mid-week meal.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut roughly into wedges
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 8 sausages of your choice, we love pork but chicken would work just as well
- 1 ½ tbsp honey
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Cherry tomatoes, halved, for garnishing (optional)
Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Put the onions, carrots and parsnips in a large roasting tin, drizzle with oil and toss until evenly coated.
Roast for 10 minutes then give the tin a good shake to loosen the veg from the tin and add the sausages. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
Drizzle the honey over the veg and sausages and add some salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle over the rosemary then return the tin to the oven for 15 minutes until the sausages are cooked through and going crispy on the outside.
Serve with a dollop of creamy mash and some gravy.