Leftover lamb curry
In a pinch for an Easter Monday lunch? This leftover lamb curry is packed with flavour for the ideal Indian meal.
- Leftover roast lamb, chopped into chunks
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 200ml lamb stock
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 small piece of ginger, chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 4 tbsp curry paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Handful of chopped fresh coriander
- Microwave basmati rice, to serve
Add the onion, garlic, ginger and 200ml water to a food processor and blend into a smooth paste.
Heat the oil in a large pan or casserole dish. Add the paste and fry for 10-15 minutes.
Then, add the curry paste and fry for a further minute.
Stir through the chopped tomatoes and the chilli.
Pour in the lamb stock and bring to a simmer.
Add the lamb, then cover and cook for 1 hour.
Remove the lid and simmer for 15 minutes to allow the curry to reduce.
Meanwhile, cook the basmati rice in the microwave according to pack instructions.
Serve the curry with the rice and garnish with coriander.
Top tip: If you don’t have any fresh spices, you can swap them for dried without losing out on any flavour!