Monster Bogey Popcorn
- ½ cup or approx 112 grams of butter
- 1 cup or approx 200 grams of sugar
- ¼ cup golden syrup or approx 55ml
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons green food colouring
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
250 degrees F/90 degrees C
Melt your butter on a medium heat and stir in your sugar, syrup and salt. Bring your mixture to the boil and stir constantly. Boil for a further four minutes without stirring. Remove from the heat and stir in your food colouring and vanilla. Once thoroughly mixed in, add the baking soda (which should make the mixture double) and then pour over the popcorn. Mix to thoroughly coat and place in pre-heated oven.
After an hour, remove, let cool for a few minutes then break into pieces, but be careful….it will still be very hot!