Simple and delicious Mediterranean chicken kebabs
Super simple and extra tasty, these chicken kebabs can be grilled on your BBQ or inside if the weather isn’t up for it, they can even be baked in the oven!
- For the chicken kebabs:
- 3 chicken filets, diced
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- For the marinade (chicken and veggies):
- 140ml virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 6 cloves garlic, divided
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp thyme
- 4 tsp oregano
- 4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Mix half of all ingredients for the marinade in small bowl.
- Place chicken in a ziplock bag and pour marinade over it.
- Marinade in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix the other half of the ingredients in the same bowl, and pour in zip lock bag with the vegetables.
- Marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- If you are using wood skewers, while the chicken and veggies are marinating, soak the skewers in water for about 15 minutes. You need to soak wooden skewers in water to keep them from igniting on the grill.
- Thread the chicken and peppers and onions on the skewers.
- Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium-high heat. Spray the grates lightly with oil and grill for about 5 minutes on each side, or until the centre is no longer pink.
- You can, alternatively, bake the kebabs in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Place chicken skewers on roasting racks over two foil lined baking sheets and bake for about 10 - 15 minutes, turn over once and bake for another 10 – 15 minutes on the other side, or until they are baked through.
Try our collection of recipes for healthy dinners you can cook in under 10 minutes!