Stilton, Asparagus & Tomato Tagliatelle
- 350g (12oz) tagliatelle or linguine
- 150g (6oz) asparagus, cut into short lengths
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 25g (1oz) dried breadcrumbs
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 100g (4oz) half fat crème fraiche
- 100g (4oz) Stilton cheese, broken into small chunks
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Basil leaves, to garnish
Cook the tagliatelle or linguine in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 - 12 minutes, or according to pack instructions, adding the asparagus for the final 2 - 3 minutes.
At the same time, heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the spring onions and garlic.
Cook over a low heat, stirring often, for 3 - 4 minutes.
Add the breadcrumbs and stir over the heat for about 30 seconds. Set aside.
When the pasta and asparagus is cooked, drain it well, then return it to the saucepan and add the cherry tomatoes, lemon zest, crème fraiche and Stilton.
Heat gently for 2-3 minutes, then share between four plates and sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture on top.
Serve, seasoned with black pepper and garnished with basil.
Add one tsp chopped fresh red chilli with the garlic, for a spicy hit. Phwoar!