Thai green curry
Easy Thai green curry full of fragrant flavour. We've made this with chicken but it can be easily adapted for vegetarians or made with thin strips of steak.
For vegetarians, substitute the fish sauce for a vegan or vegetarian alternative, swap the chicken for tasty tofu and use vegetable stock.
- 2 x 400g cans coconut milk
- 2 heaped tbsp green curry paste
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 100ml chicken stock, plus extra if necessary
- 1-2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp light muscovado sugar
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 50g fine green beans, halved
- 100g baby aubergines, diced
Heat a frying pan over a low heat. Add the thick coconut milk cream into the pan, saving the watery milk for later. Cook slowly, stirring all the time until it reduces to a thick paste.
Add the green curry paste and cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
Add the chicken and stir until it's coated in the paste.
Slowly add the remaining watery coconut milk and the chicken stock to the pan.
Add all the remaining ingredients and cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Taste and add more fish sauce or stock if necessary.
Serve with your favourite rice.