Spinach and prawn pasta
- 375g spaghetti
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 375ml light evaporated milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250g prawns, cooked and peeled
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- Two handfuls of spinach, chopped
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Pine nuts, for garnish
Cook pasta according to directions, keep warm.
Melt butter in pan, add garlic and cook for a minute.
Add combined cornflour, evaporated milk, salt and pepper.
Bring to boil while stirring it, and then simmer for a further minute.
Add remaining ingredients.
Pour sauce over cooked pasta, and garnish as desired with chopped basil leaves and pine nuts.
A toasty side of garlic bread is the perfect accompaniment to this dish. Mmm.